Veggie Pigs in Sun-dried Tomato Blankets
A succulent and compassionate alternative to the traditional recipe! Lovely as buffet food or as a starter.
1 jar of sun dried tomatoes in oil OR the moister, ready-to eat (slow-roasted) variety
1 packet of vegan sausages (Fry’s, Redwood, LInda McCartney and Vegetarian Choice are all suitable – available from health food shops, Holland & Barrett – Linda Mac's from most supermarkets)
1 packet of cocktail sticks
1. Cook the sausages according to instructions on the packet. Let them cool a little.
2. Cut into bite size pieces on a chopping board.
3. Using a fork, take a sun dried tomato from the jar, shaking off any excess oil.
4. If a similar width to the sausage pieces, place the tomato over the top, then secure in place using a cocktail stick, piercing through one side to the other. If too big, cut in half.
5. Serve on a large sharing platter.
Give us your email address and we'll deliver delicious animal free recipes straight to your inbox each week.
What originally started life as the VVF’s subscription-based vegetarian recipe club, has become a bound, colourful introduction to vegetarian & vegan nutrition, with an emphasis on getting your essential vits through veggies.
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Jane, our vegan guru!
Do you have a wonderful vegetarian recipe idea?
Got a veggie cookery quandary or vegan dietary dilemma that's not answered here?
Want to know more about vegan nutrition?
Want to find out more about going veggie?
Jane@vegetarian.org.uk or call 0117 9705190.