Delicious vegan pizza. Use a vegan-friendly base (milk-free) such as M&S pizza base; Sainsbury’s Thin & Crispy Twin Pizza Base OR Italian Pizza Base; Waitrose Stoneground. Spread with pizza topping plus thinly sliced veggies and vegan cheese of your choice. Many companies even do pre-grated varieties now! .
Picture courtesy of Corin Jeavons
1 pizza base – ready-made or made from a mix. (See notes above)
Pizza topping from a jar - or use a tomato-based pasta sauce or just some tomato puree
3 medium mushrooms, sliced
1⁄2 small red pepper, cut into thin rings or slices
Other veg of your choice: sweetcorn, olives, tinned artichoke hearts cut in half, thinly-sliced onions etc are all very good
3 tbsp grated melting vegan ‘cheese’ such as redwood’s melting mozzarella or melting cheddar, available from health stores
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to temperature according to instructions on pizza base packet.
2. Lightly fry vegetables – except for ready cooked items such as sweetcorn and artichoke hearts.
3. Leave mushrooms until last and don’t overcook.
4. Spread pizza base with topping, then arrange vegetables and cheese artistically on top.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and the cheese has melted a bit.
Give us your email address and we'll deliver delicious animal free recipes straight to your inbox each week.
What originally started life as the VVF’s subscription-based vegetarian recipe club, has become a bound, colourful introduction to vegetarian & vegan nutrition, with an emphasis on getting your essential vits through veggies.
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Jane, our vegan guru!
Do you have a wonderful vegetarian recipe idea?
Got a veggie cookery quandary or vegan dietary dilemma that's not answered here?
Want to know more about vegan nutrition?
Want to find out more about going veggie?
Jane@vegetarian.org.uk or call 0117 944 1000 .