Oriental Bean Salad with Sweet Chilli, Lime & Coriander Dressing
Fresh, tasty and so nutritious you can feel your body smiling!
100g/generous 3oz mange tout or snow peas
100g generous 3oz fine (French) beans, fresh or frozen
100g/generous 3oz edamame beans (fresh soya beans, usually sold frozen – available from large supermarkets or health food shops)
100g/generous 3oz of EITHER broccoli florets or baby broad beans, fresh or frozen
2 large handfuls of mixed salad leaves of your choice. Rocket and watercress are a good combination
4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (sold in bottles)
2 tbsp fresh lime juice (approximately one lime’s worth)
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
1. Make the salad dressing by combining all three ingredients and set aside.
2. Lightly steam the peas, beans and broccoli until al dente – just cooked but with a little bite to them – about 3 minutes.
3. Allow vegetables to cool if time – if not, rinse in cold water.
4. Mix the salad leaves with the vegetables.
5. Place in an attractive bowl and serve with the sauce on the side.
Give us your email address and we'll deliver delicious animal free recipes straight to your inbox each week.
What originally started life as the VVF’s subscription-based vegetarian recipe club, has become a bound, colourful introduction to vegetarian & vegan nutrition, with an emphasis on getting your essential vits through veggies.
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Jane, our vegan guru!
Do you have a wonderful vegetarian recipe idea?
Got a veggie cookery quandary or vegan dietary dilemma that's not answered here?
Want to know more about vegan nutrition?
Want to find out more about going veggie?
Jane@vegetarian.org.uk or call 0117 9705190.