These mushroom pasties are delicious hot or cold! A lot of instant puff pastry is vegan, so you can fill it with anything you like!
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
Half a red or other coloured pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
200g/7oz mushrooms, chopped
1 tsp dried tarragon or mixed herbs
1-2 tbsp soya sauce
1 sheet of puff pastry – Jus Rol is vegan
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat the oil and fry the onion until soft. Add the chopped red pepper and cook for another few minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry until the mushrooms are cooked.
4. Add the soya sauce and pepper.
5. Roll out the puff pastry and cut into two 17cm/7 inch squares. Place half the mushroom filling in the middle of each square and fold into a parcel.
6. Seal with a little soya milk and brush the top of the pastry with a little of the same.
7. Place on an oiled tray with the fold facing down and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Give us your email address and we'll deliver delicious animal free recipes straight to your inbox each week.
What originally started life as the VVF’s subscription-based vegetarian recipe club, has become a bound, colourful introduction to vegetarian & vegan nutrition, with an emphasis on getting your essential vits through veggies.
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Jane, our vegan guru!
Do you have a wonderful vegetarian recipe idea?
Got a veggie cookery quandary or vegan dietary dilemma that's not answered here?
Want to know more about vegan nutrition?
Want to find out more about going veggie?
Jane@vegetarian.org.uk or call 0117 9705190.