Tomato and Bulgar Soup
Tomato & Bulgur Soup Serves 4-6
3 cups vegetable stock
1 cup onions, chopped finely
1 cup carrots, diced
¾ cup celery, diced (2 med stalks)
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried dill
½ tsp ground fennel
1 tin undrained tinned tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup Bulgur
1. In large soup pot, combine stock, onions, celery, garlic, salt, dill and fennel.
2. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes and juice.
4. Add bulgur and mix well.
5. Return to boil and simmer, covered, for another 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender. Stir occasionally.
6. Add pepper to taste.
7. Serve with crusty bread - or hot garlic bread.
Give us your email address and we'll deliver delicious animal free recipes straight to your inbox each week.
What originally started life as the VVF’s subscription-based vegetarian recipe club, has become a bound, colourful introduction to vegetarian & vegan nutrition, with an emphasis on getting your essential vits through veggies.
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask Jane, our vegan guru!
Do you have a wonderful vegetarian recipe idea?
Got a veggie cookery quandary or vegan dietary dilemma that's not answered here?
Want to know more about vegan nutrition?
Want to find out more about going veggie?
Jane@vegetarian.org.uk or call 0117 944 1000 .