These Chocolate & Brandy Truffle Hearts are so quick and easy to make but look so professional. The perfect dessert to end your vegan dinner party or romantic meal.
100g/3oz dark chocolate, suitable for vegans (NB you can use half and half vegan 'milk' and dark chocolate for a less intense flavour - eg Moo Free milk chocolate alternative is available from large branches of supermarkets such as Tesco and Waitrose)
1 tub vegan single cream, eg Oatly or Alpro (some large supermarkets or health food shops, eg Holland & Barrett)
2 tbsp brandy
1 can vegan squirty cream, eg Whiptop (large Tesco) or Soyatoo Soya Spray Cream (health food shops). Cartons of Soyatoo rice, coconut and soya whipping cream also available from health food shops
4 HobNobs or own-brand plain oaty biscuits. Gingernuts are also nice and usually vegan
8 small ramekins or heart shaped foil tins (available from specialist cook shops)
1. Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a small glass mixing bowl over a pan of simmering water on the hob. Mix with a wooden spoon.
2. When the chocolate has all melted, remove from heat and mix in the brandy and cream.
3. Meanwhile, place the biscuits in a small plastic bag and crush them into crumbs using a rolling pin.
4. Put 1 tbsp of biscuit crumbs into the bottom of each pot and tap so they distribute evenly across the bottom.
5. Divide the chocolate mixture between all your containers, and then put them in the fridge to cool and solidify.
6. When you’re ready to serve, squirt little flowers on top of each heart or pot
7. Serve with some raspberry or fruit coulis if desired.